- Fosters collaborative and multidisciplinary diabetes and endocrinology research.
- Translates research into programs that advance the diagnosis and treatment of diabetes and related disorders by health care professionals.
Investigators from Johns Hopkins University and University of Maryland have joined together to create the Johns Hopkins University - University of Maryland Diabetes Research Center.
- Strives to understand the causes of type 1 and type 2 diabetes, MODY, drug-induced, gestational and other forms of diabetes, and promotes translational research aimed at reducing the burden of these diseases.
- Focuses on childhood diabetes and diabetes that affects underserved populations.
Users may access core services by contacting the administrative core, Chanique Fisher.If multiple services are requested by a user for a specific study, the administrative core and individual core directors will assist in coordinating the core services for maximal benefit to the user and to keep costs at a minimum.
Rexford S. Ahima, MD, PhD
Potential users seeking core services should contact the administrative core to be directed to the biomedical cores.
Chanique Fisher - firstname.lastname@example.org
The administrative core or individual core directors will also provide support letters for grant proposals submitted by investigators.
Users of the Diabetes Research Center core services should indicate in presentations and publications that their work is supported by the Johns Hopkins University-University of Maryland Diabetes Research Center and NIDDK grant P30 DK079637.
Vsevolod Polotsky, MD, PhD
Sangwon Kim, PhD
Laszlo Nagy, MD, PhD
Additional core services are available at our institutes for comprehensive support of their research activities.
- Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Division of Pediatric Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Institute for Clinical Translational Research
- Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research
- Clinical Research Network
- Transgenic Core Laboratory
- High Throughput Biology
- Center for Inherited Diseases Research
- Center for Computational Biology