The Johns Hopkins All Children’s outpatient Phlebotomy Lab provides specimen collection services for our clinic and community providers.
Preparing for a blood test
Parents must have a lab order or test requisition from their physician. All paper requisitions must contain the following elements:
- Name and address (if outside of JHACH) of physician or legally authorized person ordering the test
- Patient identification utilizing at least two unique identifiers (full name and medical record number or date of birth)
- Patient sex, when appropriate
- Patient date of birth, when appropriate
- Orders for specific laboratory tests
- Time and date of collection, when appropriate
- Source of specimen, when appropriate
- Clinical information, when appropriate
- Medical necessity (ICD-10 codes) – required
- All unclear, vague or illegible orders will be clarified with the ordering provider before acceptance.
Upon arrival, please check-in at the Security counter where you will receive further instructions for registration.
We understand that children may feel frightened or anxious when they need to have a blood test.
To help your child feel more comfortable while here at Johns Hopkins All Children's, please bring a favorite belonging to the clinic, or an item from home that is part of their daily routine.
For more information about the Phlebotomy lab, give us a call at the phone number below. We serve families in the greater Tampa Bay area and beyond.
Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Outpatient Care Center
601 5th Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.