The mission and purpose of The Johns Hopkins Health System Legal Department are to ensure that the Health System operates in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and to support the mission, vision and values of the Health System. The Legal Department provides high quality legal and strategic advice in support of our clients’ goals and strategic priorities. We serve our clients with an uncompromising commitment to service excellence and responsiveness.
Senior VP & General Counsel, JHHS
Annemarie Boyan, Esquire: 410-955-6099
VP & Deputy General Counsel, JHHS
Peter Mancino, Esquire: 410-502-3360
Attorney on Call
410-955-6070 - paging operator
Responsible for negotiation of business transactions and preparation of documents and agreements related to business, corporate, and real estate matters, including international transactions.
- Kristin Carter, Esquire: 410-502-7697
- Nicki Green Johnson, Esquire : 410-502-7092
- Ryan Mannion, Esquire: 410-955-5663
- Vadim Schick, Esquire: 410-614-7015
- Vickie Williams, Esquire: 727-767-3748
Labor and Employment Attorneys
Responsible for interpretation of and compliance with various employment laws and regulations and collective bargaining agreements and advice on design and content of employment related agreements and policies.
- Alex Gordon, Esquire: 410-502-0770
- Nakita Green, Esquire: 410-614-1499
- Neil Duke, Esquire: 410-502-9198
- Sarah Anderson, Esquire: 410-614-2082
Technology and Commercial Transactions Attorneys
Responsible for providing strategic advice and counsel on a range of issues related to the acquisition, licensing and implementation of technology at Johns Hopkins and the commercialization of technology developed at Johns Hopkins. Our work also includes drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial transactions.
- Annette R. Fries, Esquire: 410-614-0756
- Daryl Sue Caplan, Esquire: 410-614-1511
- Kiersten Kamman, Esquire: 410-502-7780
- Paula Grant, Esquire: 410-614-2009
- Rachel Wilson, Esquire: 410-614-5499
Clinical Affairs, Patient Care and Medical Staff Attorneys
Responsible for legal advice regarding patient care, medical staff, and ethics issues.
Claims and Litigation Attorneys
Responsible for advice on matters related to Johns Hopkins Medicine professional liability and general liability claims and risk management issues.
- Deborah Parraz, Esquire: 410-614-7301
- Kathleen McGuigan, Esquire: 410-955-7654
- Serra Aygun, Esquire: 443-287-4028
- Stephanie Mackowiak, Esquire (Reimbursement matters): 410-955-8577
Responsible for advice on all aspects of regulations adopted under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, including privacy, security, and electronic transactions.
Managed Care and Population Health Attorneys
Responsible for legal advice and guidance in connection with Johns Hopkins Medicine's managed care, health plan, and population health activities.
Research and Graduate Medical Education Compliance
In cooperation with The Johns Hopkins University General Counsel’s Office, several attorneys within the office provide advice with respect to research and graduate medical education compliance, including IRB matters and graduate medical education procedures.