CVSICU has critically ill patients who have undergone complex heart operations, including open-heart surgery, vascular surgeries, transplantation (heart and lung) and implantation of a ventricular assist device Dedicated, expert nurse clinicians care for these patients using data and information as well as research evidence to inform practice. The ICU Medical model consists of a dedicated core of cardiac surgery trained advance practice nurses and physician assistants. The CVSICU provides critical care services, life support and advanced therapeutic modalities with multiple other critical care technologies such as state-of-the-art computerized documentation and monitoring systems are utilized.
- Adolescents (with devices) and adults ages 16 and up
- Average length of stay: 1-2 days
Number of Beds
- 12 hours, rotating shifts, every third weekend
- Web-based self-scheduling with an on-call requirement.
- Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Clinical Technicians
- Clinical Nursing Externs
- Orientation is adjusted per applicant experience level upon hire
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track