Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
- Three clinical units staffed by one cross-trained staff
- Multidisciplinary, acute assessment, evaluation, education, treatment and milieu management for inpatient general adult psychiatry (Meyer 3)
- Nursing-led, crisis-intervention inpatient program for substance-abusing adults, Intensive Treatment Unit (ITU)
- Evaluation, assessment, treatment and disposition of adults presenting to the psychiatric emergency department
- Adults ages 17 to 18 and up
- Diagnoses include schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, adjustment disorder, substance abuse disorders, depressive disorders
- Average length of stay: 6 days Meyer 3; 3 days ITU
Number of Beds
- 19 day/22 night adult general psychiatry
- 8 day/5 night substance abuse
- 7 emergency department
- 1:4-5 (Meyer 3)
- 1:2-3 (ITU)
- 1:33.7 (ED)
- 8, 10 and 12 hours
- Flexible, self-schedule
- 90 percent RN
- 8 weeks
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track