43-bed Prep/PACU unit provides care for adult Trauma, Neuro, Eye, Ortho and Ortho-Spine surgery patients and Interventional Radiology/Neuro-radiology patients. Similar to Weinberg, critical care services are provided for patients needing continuous monitoring, ventilators, invasive lines, neuroaxial blocks, and vasoactive IV infusion. ZB3 Prep/PACU provides perianesthesia care for adult surgery and trauma patients in the Zayed 3 operating rooms 24 hours day Monday –Friday and on call staffing for elective and emergency cases on weekends and holidays.
- Perianesthesia care for adult surgery and trauma patients in the Zayed 3 operating rooms
- Average length of stay: Same Day Prep = 2 hrs. Post Anesthesia Care Unit = 4 hrs.
Number of Beds
- 43 Beds
- Prep 1:2-3
- Extended Stay/Observation 1:3-4
- Radiology 1:3-4
- Combination of 8 and 10 hour shifts; M-F 24 hours, Weekends and holiday: On call system
- RN, Clinical Technicians, PACU Support Associates, Clinical Customer Service Coordinator and Clinical customer Service Representatives
- 8-16 weeks, with designated preceptor