Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
28-bed Pre-anesthesia and Post-anesthesia (Prep/PACU) unit provides care for adult surgery patients undergoing Thoracic, GI, URO, Plastic, GYN, Oncology, and EENT. Additionally, critical care services are provided for patients needing continuous monitoring, ventilators, invasive lines, neuroaxial blocks, and vasoactive IV infusion. This unit provides perianesthesia care to Weinberg Operating Room patients 24 hours/day Monday to Friday and on call system for elective and emergency cases during the weekends and holidays.
- Ages 16 and up
- 85 percent of patients are adult inpatients.
- Average length of stay: Same Day Prep = 2 hrs. Post Anesthesia Care Unit = 4 hrs.
Number of Beds
- 28 Beds: 14 Same Day Prep and 14 Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Prep 1:2-3
- Spinal, Epidural and Block Procedures: 1:1
- Combination of 8 and 10 hour shifts; M-F 24 hours, Weekends and holiday: On call system
- RN, Clinical Technicians, PACU Support Associates, Clinical Customer Service Coordinator and Clinical customer Service Representatives
- 8-16 weeks, with designated preceptor