32 bed Prep/PACU unit provides care for children less than 22 years of age undergoing surgery and/or interventional procedures requiring anesthesia or sedation. ZB4 Prep/PACU provides perianesthesia care seven days week for pediatric surgery and trauma.
- Pediatrics up to age 21
- Average length of stay: 2 to 5 hours
Number of Beds
- 32 Prep and Recovery
- Prep 1:2-3
- PACU 1:1-2
- Combination of 8 and 10 hour shifts; M-F 5:30am-11:00pm, S-S 5:30-6:00. Off hours and holidays on call system.
- RN, Clinical Technicians, PACU Support Associates, Clinical Customer Service Coordinator and Clinical customer Service Representatives
- RN Composite 10% MSN, 10% AD, 80% BSN
- Required competencies: 2 years clinical experience; PICU or Pediatric PACU experience required
- 8-16 weeks, with designated preceptor