Perioperative care including preoperative preparation and intra and postoperative care for elective ophthalmic and non-ophthalmic procedures (procedures (Ophthalmology, cosmetic/plastic, otolaryngology, IVF).
- All ages (except neonates); multicultural
Number of Beds
- Off-site, suburban surgi-center
- 2 ORs, 1 procedure room
- 8 pre/postoperative cubicles
- Flexible coverage throughout OR and pre/post surgery
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
- 100 percent BSN
- 5 years of OR experience, ambulatory/ophthalmic experience highly preferred.
- Individualized with unit-based preceptor
- Includes guiding of patients with low vision
- Sensitivity training
- Earn ACLS certification within 6 months of hire, PALS certification within 1 year of hire.