Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
A unique intensive ambulatory clinic geographically located between the inpatient units in the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. Inpatient nurses from Weinberg 5A, 5B, and 5C rotate to this clinic to provide intensive ambulatory support for the inpatient Bone Marrow Transplant Service (Weinberg 5A, 5B) and Hematologic Malignancy Service (Weinberg 5A, 5C) units; part of the IPOP continuum of care.
- Adults with hematologic malignancies receiving standard of care and clinical research trial allogeneic and autologous myeloablative hematopoetic stem cell transplants as well as allogeneic non-myeloablative stem cell transplants and other novel therapies.
- Adults with leukemias, lymphomas, Hodgkin’s disease, multiple myeloma and autoimmune diseases receiving standard of care therapies as well as clinical research trial therapies.
Number of Beds
- 32 treatment chairs and stretchers
- 8-10 and 12 hour AM shifts - 1 RN to 4-6 patients
- Extended charge RN Monday through Friday
- Flexible "preference off" self scheduling model on home units (5A, 5B, 5C)
- Home unit specific scheduling guidelines for rotating in the IPOP/HIPOP Clinic
- 8, 10, 12 hour AM shifts
- Open 7 days a week and holidays
- Can be open up to 23 hours if patient needs require extended hours
- 88 percent RN; 85 percent BSN, 7 percent MSN
- Progressive competency based clinical practice
- Required competencies: provision of high-dose standard of care and clinical trial chemotherapy, blood and TPN administration skills, bone marrow and donor lymphocyte infusion, care of vascular access devices, symptom management, palliative care and end of life care; intensive ambulatory care training and IMC/critical care training.
- Minimum of 12-18 months of oncology nursing experience on Weinberg 5A, 5B, or 5C
- Completion of all required oncology center competencies (see above) including IMC/critical care
- Completion of IPOP/HIPOP classroom training and 2-3 week precepted experience in IPOP/HIPOP