Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Care of adult patients with leukemia and other hematologic malignancies; integration of intensive inpatient/outpatient care, acute and critical care.
- Adults with newly diagnosed, relapsed or refractory leukemias and lymphomas, Hodgkin’s disease and multiple myeloma
- Leukemia patients treated within research protocols
- Average length of stay: 17 days
Number of Beds
- Day: 1:2-3
- Night: 1:4-5
- Flexible, depending on unit-specific guidelines and self-scheduling model
- 80 percent RN; 96 percent BSN; 12 percent MSN
- Required competencies: provision of chemotherapy; blood and TPN administration skills; IV, PICC and central line skills; critical care
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track
- 1 week with unit-based clinical nurse specialist to review patient care specific to leukemia and other hematologic malignancies
- Approx. 8 weeks (length depends on individual) caring for patients with preceptor