Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
- Comprehensive labor and delivery for normal and high-risk pregnancies
- Perinatal unit for postpartum, antepartum and newborn care focusing on family support, prepared childbirth (birthing) and breastfeeding classes
- Care is family centered and includes mother/baby couplets
- Women and infants
- High-risk referrals
- Average length of stay: 2 to 3 days
Number of Beds
- 8 labor and delivery rooms (LDR)
- 2 extended care rooms
- 6 triage rooms
- 3 operating rooms/3-bed PACU
- 35 ante/post partum beds
- 36 newborn bassinets
- Labor and Delivery: 1:1-2
- Intra-operative: 1:1, 2:1
- Postpartum and Antepartum: 1:3-4 mother/baby couplets; 1:5-6 antepartum patients
- 12 hour permanent AM or PM
- Acuity based, modified primary nursing
- Labor and Delivery: 80 % RN; 20 % clinical technicians
- Postpartum, Antepartum: 70 % RN; 30 % clinical technicians
- Newborn Nursery: 90 % RN, 10% clinical technicians
- 12-14 week individualized perinatal training in all aspects of maternal & newborn nursing
- New Grads: Nurse Residency Program—Adult Track