We offer a variety of professional opportunities and special programs for nursing students. Please read the information below and apply online.
Questions? Call the Office of Nurse Recruitment, 410-502-3161.
- Clinical Nurse Extern (CNE)
- Paid position
- In this position, you gain more independence in performing basic patient care skills and have the opportunity to develop strong organizational skills.
- A regular staff position with scheduled hours, it offers benefits such as tuition reimbursement, paid time off and medical / dental insurance for students who work over 20 hours per week.
- Completion of at least one clinical practicum in an acute-care hospital where you have had a regular patient assignment.
- Completion of your required nursing school course work as listed on the Maryland Board of Nursing Web site for CNA certification.
- Possess a CNA certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing no later than two weeks before orientation.
- Available to attend a hospital and nursing orientation (four 8-hour days).
- Available to work full time from June to August with shift and weekend rotation or as agreed upon by nurse manager.
- Commit to at least one shift each week during the school semester or as agreed upon by the nurse manager.
How to Apply
- Explore our Specialties and Units for the department that interests you the most.
- Visit our job posting Web site and submit an online application. There is one job posting for all nursing student opportunities, regardless of specialty area.
- Apply Now
- Qualified applicants receive an e-mail to schedule an interview. Due to the limited number of positions, we only schedule one interview per applicant. Placements into CNE roles are based on individual departmental needs.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will need to provide all requested documentation. See our section on Interview Preparation to learn more.
- Positions available to apply in February are for the summer orientation and October are for the winter orientation.