Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
When you come to the Kimmel Cancer Center, we encourage you to bring along a family member or friend to accompany you to your appointment. Your companion can help you travel to the hospital, share in listening and asking questions during your consultation, and provide you with the support you may need while trying to make decisions about your health care.
Additionally, you may find it helpful for you bring along the following items during your visit to the Kimmel Cancer Center:
- Your appointment information and materials sent to you in your orientation packet
- Health insurance information including your insurance card(s), special forms, referrals or important phone numbers
- Contact information of where you will be staying in Baltimore, if you're traveling from out-of-town
- Any additional medical records not already sent in advance of your visit
- A list of all your physicians names, addresses and their telephone numbers
- A list of any medications that you are currently taking along with the prescribed dosages
- A pen and notebook and/or folder for keeping a list of questions that you may want to ask the physician, taking notes, and for storing any new paperwork or educational materials collected during your visit
- Books, magazines, crossword puzzles, sewing, or other items that may help you pass the time