I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Same-Day Consultation with Johns Hopkins Prostate Cancer Experts
Schedule an Appointment: 410-502-8000
With the best prostate cancer clinicians and specialists in the country gathered in one location, the Johns Hopkins Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Consultation provides the highest quality of care and the most up-to-date treatments available to patients with newly diagnosed, biopsy-proven prostate cancer.
The Johns Hopkins prostate cancer team is committed to a single day, small group, comprehensive, prostate cancer patient evaluation. We have the top specialists in all fields, including radiation oncology, urologic surgery, medical oncology, radiology, and pathology working together to bring this broad expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer to each of our patients.
After your exam and any necessary lab tests, all team members meet in one room for a detailed review of each patient’s case, for truly tailor-made treatment and care. Our commitment to optimal patient care also drives the research and educational components of our program.
We understand that a diagnosis of prostate cancer can be stressful and overwhelming. All members of the prostate cancer multidisciplinary team are dedicated to assisting patients and their families to alleviate any anxiety. If you have any questions regarding prostate cancer, you will have an opportunity to discuss them directly with your team members.
The Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Consultation Includes:
- Access to world-renowned cancer clinicians and specialists in surgical urology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, pathology, radiology, clinical trials, and social work
- Thorough review of various treatment options at the Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Comprehensive assessment, including lab work, examination, expert review of all pathologic and radiographic studies
- Expert panel discussion of each case
- One-on-one discussion about findings, treatment options, and any questions
- Recommendations for potential treatment plans
- Access to the best prostate cancer care in the country
- Access to cutting edge clinical trials for all stages of prostate cancer
- Written reports provided to your primary care and/or referring physician
- Educational materials for you and your family
The Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Consultation Is For You, If You:
- Are considering treatment at Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Are considering a clinical trial for your prostate cancer
- Are trying to select the most appropriate treatment option
- Have disease that is at high-risk for recurrence
- Untreated, biopsy-proven (within the last year), localized (non-metastatic) prostate cancer
- PSA level measured within the last three months
- Prostate cancer at high-risk for recurrence
What We Need Before Your Visit:
- All medical records about your diagnosis
- Pathology slides
- CD of bone scan and CT of abdomen and pelvis only if:
-PSA level is greater than 20 or
-Gleason score of 8, 9, or 10
Our Expert Teams
Michael Carducci, M.D.
Danny Song, M.D., Radiation
Tamara Lotan, M.D.
Katarzyna Macura, M.D., Ph.D.
The Prostate Cancer Multidisciplinary Consultation is held every Friday, for a small group of men and their families. It runs from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Building.
Arrive at the Weinberg Building. Gather with other patients and families to hear presentations on our treatment options and support services.
Register in the Weinberg Building. Complete any medical paperwork and have vital signs and blood (no fasting required) samples taken, if necessary.
Undergo a complete medical history review and a physical exam by one of our residents, nurse practitioners, or medical fellows
Have lunch on your own
During your lunch break, our team, consisting of a pathologist, radiologist, urologic surgeon, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, research fellows, clinical trial nurses and various other clinical members, will meet to review your case with the provider who took your medical history and performed your exam and discuss treatment options at Johns Hopkins.
A comprehensive treatment plan, which may involve recommendations from more than one of the specialists listed above, will be prepared specifically for you.
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Our specialists, who are able to offer you treatment in their area of expertise (according to your treatment plan), will come, individually, to your room to discuss your plan with you and your family.
You will have the opportunity to discuss the plan and ask any questions with each of these treating specialists.
To Make An Appointment:
Marian Raben, PA-C, M.S., Clinic
To make an appointment, please call the Scheduling Desk at: 410-502-8000
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call the Clinic Coordinator at: 410-502-3421