Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Pediatric Oncology Social Workers are committed to enhancing the emotional and physical well-being of children with cancer and their families. Pediatric oncology social workers are clinicians, educators, advocates, and researchers. Each family is assigned a primary social worker, an integral member of the health care team.
The social work staff provide for the psychological, social, emotional and practical needs of patients and their families by providing:
- An understanding of the medical, social, and family dynamics of acute and chronic catastrophic illness on the patient and family
- Psychotherapeutic interventions including individual, group, and family treatment as well as crisis intervention
- Knowledge of medical, social, financial, and educational resources to assist the child and their family adapt to illness/treatment
- Education and counseling on loss and death and grief
- Information and education regarding pediatric cancer, cancer treatment, and the late effects of treatment on survivors
Social Work Staff
Donald List, MSW, LCSW-C
Senior Social Worker
Ann Katz, MSW, LCSW-C
Clinical Social Worker