I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Evaluating Coaches of Older Adults for Cancer Care and Healthy Behaviors (COACH)
The COACH study is designed to learn about effective ways to improve cancer screening among African American adults, 50-74 years old. We are trying to determine if providing information and/or training to people who help older adults with their healthcare (e.g., help make appointments) will make it easier for these adults to get their cancer screenings. The study will last for up to one year and involve up to 3 interviews. Participants will get compensation for each interview, a total of $60 for taking part in the study.
Who Can Join?
To qualify for the study, you must be:
- African American
- 50 – 74 years old
- Live in Baltimore City or Prince George’s County
- Have a family member, friend or other person who talks with you about your healthcare willing to participate in the study.
What Will Happen if You Join?
- The study will last for up to one year
- You and your support person will participate in an initial interview, a 6-month follow up interview and possibly 1-year follow up interview
- Your support person may receive cancer-related training for 30-40 minutes
- You will be compensated for your time after each interview
How Can I Find Out if I Qualify?
If you are interested in learning more or would like to see if you qualify, please call 410-502-8423