Breast cancer patients describe many different emotions about having been diagnosed with cancer and going through treatment. Feelings may change from day to day, week to week, and month to month. Patients may feel that they are coping well in a difficult situation, or may benefit from some outside help. Our team includes multidisciplinary experts at the Harry J. Duffey Family Patient and Family Services Program, which provides providing professional counseling to our patients, families and care-givers with psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs. Our nurse navigator can help you get in touch with any of these services.
- The Cancer Counseling Center provides counseling services that assist cancer patients and family members struggling with the stress of a cancer diagnosis and treatments.
- Spiritual Support is also offered, with a chaplaincy providing pastoral and spiritual care in a non-denominational setting and a private meditation room in the lobby of the Weinberg Building.
- The Living with Cancer Resource Program offers patients, families and caregivers a variety of support groups, educational workshops and programs designed to teach patients and their families how to cope with the effects of cancer.
- The Department of Oncology Social Work provides for the psychological, social, emotional, and practical needs of cancer patients and their families; masters-level social workers with expertise in the specialized field of oncology can help you manage the stress and changes that may come with cancer.
- Image Recovery offers services ranging from custom-made wigs, hats, scarves, pre- and postsurgical prosthesis and reconstruction products for breast cancer patients, skin and hand care products, and compression sleeves and stockings.
In addition to these resources, there are support groups and activities in the community that your nurse navigator can recommend. The experience of living with cancer can require support from people who understand what you are going through, and we want to help you to LiveWell as you move through diagnosis, treatment, and long term survivorship.
Chemo School & Virtual Tour
Take our video class to learn about your first steps in receiving chemotherapy Chemo School
Prepare for your first visit with this "walking" tour of our clinical facilities. Watch the video.
The Kimmel Wire
Latest News from the Kimmel Cancer Center