1. Did you know that both sleep and breathing are family-related traits?
Johns Hopkins Medicine is conducting a research study in same-sex siblings; that is, brother-brother or sister-sister pairs. Eligible participants must be over 18 years old, non-smoking, without obesity and have a same-sex sibling willing to participate.
All visits are free, including parking, at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Participants will be compensated up to $300.
For more information, please call 410-550-2233.
PI: Jason P. Kirkness, Ph.D.
2. Have You Been Told You Snore? Do You Need to Lose Weight?
Johns Hopkins Medicine is conducting a research study in persons who may snore and are not currently being treated for snoring. Eligible participants must be over 60 years of age, overweight, not smoking and not regularly exercising.
All visits are free, including parking, at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
For more information, please call 410-550-5428, 410-550-5429 or 410-550-6997.
PI: Devon A. Dobrosielski, Ph.D.
3. Are You a Good Sleeper? Volunteers Needed for Sleep and Sensory Testing Research Study
To participate in this study, you must be a good, healthy sleeper between the ages of 18 and 48. The study includes:
- In-person medical screening
- Sensory testing
- One-week diary of sleep patterns at home
- Some overnight stays in the hospital
Participants are compensated up to $1,250.
For more information, call 410-550-7906.
PI: Michael T. Smith, Ph.D.
4. Do You Have Jaw Muscle Pain?
Researchers at Johns Hopkins are looking for female volunteers with TMJ/TMD pain to participate in a research study funded by the National Institutes of Health to investigate how sleep and unhelpful thoughts about TMD impact pain sensitivity and symptoms related to temporomandibular joint disorders (TMD). You may be eligible if you:
- Are a female between 18-65 years of age
- Have had jaw muscle pain for three months or more
- Have sleep difficulties.
The study includes:
- A dental evaluation for TMJ/TMD
- Completing interviews and questionnaires
- Two ambulatory sleep studies that you can do in your own home
- Completing sensory testing procedures
- Eight total study visits over three months
- One telephone follow-up three months after completing the study
Participants can earn up to $650. To find out if you're eligible to participate, please contact Mary Redding at 410-550-8099.
PI: Jennifer Haythornthwaite, M.D.