Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.
It is the policy of the Organization that the OHSR shall maintain documentation of all IRB activities in accordance with federal regulations 45 CFR 46.115 and 21 CFR 56.115. The OHSR shall keep the following records:
1. Copies of all research proposals (and when applicable, federal funding applications) reviewed and all materials and documents submitted with the proposals, including:
2. Minutes of IRB meetings that document pertinent discussions and decisions on research. A minutes template shall be the mechanism to document:
3. For the initial and continuing review of expedited research, the primary reviewer’s review sheet is the mechanism used to document:
4. For exempt research, the notice of acknowledgement generated by the reviewer in the eIRB system documents the specific category of exemption.
5. Copies of all continuing review activities.
6. Copies of all correspondence between the IRB and investigators, DSMB, and other entities involved in the research or institutional officials (as applicable).
7. A list of all IRB members, both primary members and alternates. The list shall identify the member’s name, earned degrees, member category (non-scientist, physician scientist, or other scientist), research experience, experience and expertise applicable to IRB deliberations, knowledge of or experience working with vulnerable populations, employment or other relationship with the Organization, affiliation status (whether the member or an immediate family member is affiliated with the Organization), and other members for whom the IRB member may alternate.
8. Written JHM IRB policies and operations procedures.
9. Statements of significant new findings required to be provided to research participants as required by regulations.
All JHM IRB records associated with specific research proposals are retained indefinitely and stored in a manner which maintains strict confidentiality. An off-site storage facility shall be used to store archived materials. All records shall be accessible and available for inspection by authorized agency personnel at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner.