Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Those Eligible for Consideration:
- Active full time or part time faculty of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Commitment to a career as an educator.
- Dedication to educational scholarship and innovation.
- Commitment to education of medical or graduate students, residents, clinical or post-doctoral fellows, or peers.
- Identified mentor(s) with appropriate expertise to support the candidate and project, to supplement the mentorship provided by the IEE. We recommend that faculty include both a content mentor and when possible an educational scholarship mentor. If selected to proceed to phase two, letters of support from mentors, detailing their role and commitment, will be required.
- Support from departmental director. We hope to partner with Departments in developing their talented educators. If selected to proceed to phase two, letters of support from department directors, detailing their support including any specific support the department may provide, will be required.
- Berkheimer applicants should focus on enhancing education for medical or graduate students, residents or clinical or post-doctoral fellows, or peers, at the JHUSOM, with implications for education broadly.
- The International applicants should focus on advancement of international medical education - undergraduate or graduate. It should also have implications for education broadly.
- Successful candidate(s) will agree to advance the mission of IEE, to promote value and advance the educational mission of the School of Medicine while enhancing the School of Medicine’s leadership role in medical and medical sciences education nationally and internationally. And for the international award, to improve medical care worldwide by continually improving the standards of medical education. A successful proposal will specifically address the SOM’s commitment to growing educational research and scholarship and improve teaching.