Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: September 1, 2015
Application Phase I:
Proposals should be a maximum of two pages in 12 point font to include
components listed below:
- Background (3 to 4 sentences)
- Project objective
- Methods (Description of the project, process of implementation, indentified learners)
- Proposed mentors, to include when possible both a content mentor and an educational scholarship mentor
- Significance and impact
- Statement that you have discussed this with your department director (or designee) and have their support
- Brief budget description
- Curriculum Vitae of primary investigator
DUE DATE: October 16, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
FULL PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INVITATION: December 4, 2015
Application Phase II:
Formal proposals should be a maximum of 8 pages in 12 point font to include
numbers 1 and 2 below. The complete application must include numbers 1 through 5 below:
1. Outline of Individualized learning plan for professional faculty development to enhance
educational skills (maximum of 2 pages)
2. Proposal for Educational Scholarship
Proposal components included in page count:
- Title page with title of project (not included in page count)
- Background/needs assessment
- Goals and objectives of study
- Statistical analysis/evaluation
- Impact within Hopkins and beyond
- Detailed budget and justification (the award may be used for salary support, the individual faculty educational development plan, and/or project expenses)
- Timetable and plan for dissemination
- List of specific deliverables to report to the IEE Managing Board, quarterly
Proposal components not included in page count but required:
- Letters of support from mentors, which ideally should include both a content and an educational scholarship expert, detailing their role and time commitment to the project and the planned periodicity of mentoring meetings.
- A letter of support from your department director (or designee) indicating their support for the project, as well as the details of any time, funding or support they may be able to provide.
3. Bibliography (not included in page count)
4. Two page biosketches for both applicant(s) and mentor(s) (not included in page count)
5. Curriculum vitae of applicant(s) (not included in page count)
DUE DATE: January 15, 2016 by 5:00 p.m.