Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Guidelines for Submission
Dates and Deadlines
- Call for applications: Tuesday, September 1, 2016
- Deadline for Phase I proposals: email by 5:00 p.m., Friday, October 14, 2016
- Invitation to submit Phase II: Friday, December 2, 2016
- Deadline for Phase II proposals: email by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, January 11, 2017
- Grant announcement: (approx.): March 6, 2017
- Funds to be available: Friday, July 1, 2017
Length: 2-page maximum; 12 point font
- Background (3 to 4 sentences)
- Project objective
- Methods (description of the project, process of implementation, indentified learners)
- Proposed mentors, to include when possible both a content and educational scholarship mentor
- Significance and impact
- Statement that you have discussed this with your department director (or designee) and have their support
- Brief budget description
- Curriculum Vitae of primary investigator
Applicants who submit the top 3-4 Phase I proposals will be invited to submit a Phase II proposal.
Phase II (by invitation)
Length: 8-page maximum (exculding bibliography, biosketches, and CV); 12 point font
- Two-page outline of individualized learning plan for professional faculty development to enhance educational skills
- Proposal for Educational Scholarship to include:
- Title page with title of project not included in page count
- Background/needs assessment
- Goals and objectives of study
- Statistical analysis/evaluation
- Impact within Hopkins and beyond
- Letters of support from mentors, which ideally should include both a content and an educational scholarship expert, detailing their role and time commitment to the project and the planned periodicity of mentoring meetings
- Detailed budget and justification. The Berkheimer award may be used for salary support, the individual faculty educational development plan, and/or project expenses
- A letter of support from your department director (or designee) indicating their support for the project, as well as the details of any time, funding or support they may be able to provide
- Timetable and plan for dissemination
- List of specific deliverables for quarterly reports to the IEE Managing Board
- Additional Questions (not included in page count)
- Have you applied for any additional funding for the educational project you are submitting?
- If so, was the funding awarded?
- What is the name of the funding agency?
- What was the amount funded?
- Do the goals of the application for which yoiu applied for funding overlap with those of the Berkheimer Grant or are they separate and complementary? Please explain.
The components listed below are not included in the page count:
- Two-page biosketches for both applicant(s) and mentor(s)
- Curriculum vitae of applicant(s)