Physicians, please use the following information to contact the Hopkins Access Line:
- Information we need from referring physicians
- Baltimore area and international calls: 410-955-9444
- Maryland and Continental United States: 1-800-765-5447
Not a physician, but want to find a Johns Hopkins specialist?
Patients outside of Maryland who wish to see a specialist at Johns Hopkins for treatment can contact Johns Hopkins USA.
What is the Hopkins Access Line?
The Johns Hopkins Access Line (HAL) is a dedicated resource that helps physicians refer adult and pediatric patients into the Johns Hopkins Health System quickly and efficiently. HAL’s staff has a wealth of experience in assisting physicians around the state and the entire U.S. connect with the world-class medical experience available within the entire Johns Hopkins Health System.
Our experienced physician referral coordinators have instant access to the schedules, telephone numbers, and pagers of all Johns Hopkins physicians. HAL can also assist with getting patients transported to Johns Hopkins Hospital or any other Johns Hopkins medical center via the Hopkins Lifeline critical care transport service.
Why should I use the Hopkins Access Line?
- As a physician, your call will be handled by a highly trained HAL physician referral coordinator.
- Our coordinators have access to Hopkins physicians’ schedules, on-call lists, and telephone and pager numbers so the right Hopkins physician can be contacted and we can expedite your transfer request.
- If you wish to speak with a specific physician but they are not immediately available, the HAL representative will direct you to an available specialist or arrange for the requested physician to return your call.
- After a patient has been accepted, HAL can initiate transportation through the Johns Hopkins Lifeline patient transport service if needed