I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Before You Arrive
Before You Arrive
Beginning with your first contact to schedule an appointment, we’ll explain the Executive & Preventive Health program and assist with scheduling your appointments.
Our complimentary medical concierge assists with scheduling your appointments, helps guide your travel arrangements, and ensures that your visit to Baltimore is smooth and comfortable.
Before your visit, we ask you to complete and return the patient intake form so we can deliver the results you expect.
Please complete the patient information form within five business days and return via fax to 410-367-2065 or through MyChart.
If you have questions at any point, please call us at 410-955-9819 or toll-free at 888-544-1340.
Notes for Pre-Examination Fasting
To prepare for your examinations:
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not eat or drink anything except water for 10 to 12 hours before your blood work, as you’ll be asked to provide a urine sample.
- If you are having a stress test, caffeine consumption is not allowed beforehand. Please refrain from drinking caffeine at midnight the night before the stress test.
- If you have diabetes, eat your usual bedtime snack. Bring your insulin or diabetes pill with you in the morning. You will need to take your morning dose after your blood work. If you experience low blood sugar, treat it immediately with sugar.
- If you’re scheduled for a bone density scan, refrain from taking a calcium supplement 24 hours prior to the scan.
- Please email your Executive Health scheduling staff any medical records and/or an updated vaccination record that may be pertinent to any active health issues. If you are active on MyChart, you may upload this information directly to your MyChart. If your records are at another institution that uses Epic, please let us know and we can get your records for you.
- If you’re scheduled for mammogram, we request that you obtain the original films of prior mammograms and bring them with you for comparison on the day of your visit — it can be difficult to interpret studies without the earlier films. Having these can help prevent anxiety and cancellation of your mammogram appointment.
- Please bring any X-rays that may be pertinent to any active health issues.
Additional Preparation Information
- Wear casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- If you’re scheduled for an exercise stress test, wear or bring tennis or running shoes. You may also want to consider bringing a change of clothing to wear during the stress test.
- Do not apply any body lotion prior to a resting EKG or exercise stress test.
- Female patients scheduled for a mammogram should not apply perfumes, powders or deodorants.
- Wear your glasses or contact lenses, and bring your prescription with you. Contact lens fittings are not covered under the Executive and Preventive Health Program. Because your pupils will be dilated during the eye examination, you may also wish to bring sunglasses for the ride home.