Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
At JHCP, our colon and rectal surgeons focus on the medical and surgical treatment of diseases of colon, rectum, and anus. They treat benign and malignant conditions, perform routine screening examinations and surgically treat problems when necessary.
When faced with a painful and potentially life threatening disease, patients count on our advanced training and commitment to prescribing the most effective, most efficient and safest treatment options. Our dedication to improving the lives of our patients with colon and rectal disorders is centered on one mission – to provide high quality care.
- Anal fissure
- Perianal abscess
- Anal fistula, rectovaginal fistula
- Anal warts
- Anal cancer
- Pruritis ani
- Rectal prolapse
- Fecal incontinence
- Pilonidal disease
- Internal/External hemorrhoids
- Colon cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Chronic constipation
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Ischemic bowel
- Ogilvie's syndrome
- Hereditary colon cancer syndromes
- Laparoscopic and open colon resection
- Low anterior rectal resection
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Resection for Crohn's disease
- Ileal pouch creation for ulcerative colitis and polyposis
- Ostomy creation and reversal
- Transanal rectal resection
Location and appointments
- Johns Hopkins Health Care & Surgery Center
- General Surgery at Howard County
- General Surgery at Foxhall