Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Patient Health Information
The following links go to sites with cardiovascular and other general health educational information for patients and their families.
- American College of Cardiology - CardioSmart – CardioSmart, from the American College of Cardiology, is a valuable online resource offering accessible, authoritative information about cardiovascular disease, its prevention, management and care
- American Dietetic Association – The website of the American Dietetic Association, the nation's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, offers tips on healthy eating and lifestyle for the whole family.
- American Heart Association – Learn more about the American Heart Association's efforts to reduce death caused by cardiovascular disease.
- American Society of Echocardiography - See My Heart – This site, presented by the American Society of Echocardiography, is a patient information web site that helps consumers understand heart and circulation ultrasound.
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology – The ASNC is the professional association for providers in the nuclear cardiology field. Click on the "Patients" link on the home page for a wealth of information about nuclear cardiology tests and other consumer resources.
- American Stroke Association – A division of the American Heart Association established in 1998 to reduce the impact of stroke. The division's Web-based offerings include prevention and recovery fact sheets for consumers.
- Cardiac Glossary – The American Heart Association's Cardiac Glossary provides a quick reference for cardiovascular-related medical terminology.
- Delicious Decisions – Recipes for people with heart problems, produced by the American Heart Association.
- Heart Profilers – Sponsored by the American Heart Association, Heart Profilers helps patients learn more about their treatment options for such conditions as coronary artery disease (CAD), high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart failure, and atrial fibrillation. Register to create your personal profile.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Health Library – The Johns Hopkins Medicine Health Library is your one-stop resource for information on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures. It also offers recipes, nutrition information, and prevention guidelines.
- Mended Hearts – Mended Hearts, a national nonprofit organization affiliated with the American Heart Association, has been offering the gift of hope to heart disease patients, their families and caregivers for more than 50 years. Recognized for its role in facilitating a positive patient-care experience, Mended Hearts partners with 460 hospitals and rehabilitation clinics and offers services to heart patients through visiting programs, support group meetings and educational forums.
- Sister to Sister Foundation – The Sister to Sister: Everyone Has A Heart Foundation, Inc. focuses on awareness about, and screening women for, heart disease. Each year they sponsor screenings in cities across the country on National Women's Heart Day.
- WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease – WomenHeart is the nation's only national patient advocacy organization serving women with heart disease. Their website provides support, information and advocacy.
- World's Healthiest Foods – This website, sponsored by the non-profit George Mateljan Foundation, offers nutritional information and health benefits for 130 "healthy" foods.