Please be sure to bring your medical insurance card with you to each visit to our office. We currently participate with the following insurance plans:
- Aetna (all products EXCEPT Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO and Medical Assistance HMO plans)
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Maryland - all products EXCEPT Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO plans and Medical Assistance HMO Plans)
- BlueCross BlueShield (all other states)
- Cigna (all products EXCEPT Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO plans and Medical Assistance HMO Plans)
- Maryland Medical Assistance
- Traditional Medicare and Railroad Medicare - we DO NOT participate with ANY Medicare Advantage plans
- Johns Hopkins Employee Health Plan
- Priority Partners (Medical Assistance HMO)
- PHCS and MultiPlan
- Railroad Medicare
- Tricare (all products)
- United Healthcare (including MAMSI, MD-IPA, Optimum Choice, Alliance and OneNet, EXCEPT Medicare Advantage HMO/PPO and Medical Assistance HMO plans)
- Workers Compensation
Cardiovascular Specialists participates with many major health plans. However, you should always verify your benefits, including any copays, deductibles, and coinsurance, with your insurance carrier and/or your employer's benefits manager prior to an appointment with our office.
If your coverage is with an HMO plan with which we DO participate, remember that a referral is required from your primary care physician (PCP) in order for us to see you. It is your responsibility to obtain the necessary referrals. If we do not have a current referral on record, it may be necessary to reschedule your appointment, as the PCP cannot "back date" a referral and your HMO plan will not pay for your visit without a current referral.
If your coverage is with an HMO plan with which we DO NOT participate, we are not able to see you as a patient of our practice unless you are willing to sign a waiver and see us on a self-pay basis, as your HMO plan will not pay for your visit.
If your coverage is with a PPO or indemnity plan that has out-of-network benefits, we can see you even if we do not participate with your plan. However, you should be aware that you may have a higher out-of-pocket copayment, deductible and/or coinsurance if we do not participate with your plan. You should also be aware that some PPO plans now require prior authorization for certain diagnostic tests even if they do not otherwise require a referral. Without such prior authorization, you may be responsible for the cost of such diagnostic testing.
You should expect to pay your copay at the time of your visit. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express). Many insurance plans do not charge a copay for a diagnostic test only, so please check with your plan to see if you will be responsible for a testing copay.
If your specific insurance carrier is not listed, please contact our office for assistance. You may also wish to check Billing and Insurance FAQs for more information. If you do not currently have health insurance, please call 443-276-9049 to speak with our financial counselor concerning payment arrangements.