Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
By volunteering at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, your benefits include:
Volunteers are vital to the Johns Hopkins mission of
setting the standard of excellence in patient care.
- Full personal protection under the Hospital’s “Professional Liability Indemnity Program.”
- As an expression of appreciation, volunteers who complete at least 100 hours of service during a year receive recognition from the Medical Center annually.
- A volunteer identification badge to be worn while on The Johns Hopkins Hospital campus.
- Initial and annual tuberculosis screening and interpretation.
- Letters of recommendation upon request following 75 hours of service.
- Use of the patient library.
- A $4.00 meal ticket, parking sticker or two MTA tokens if the volunteer provides at least four hours of service each shift.
- Great satisfaction in helping others!
Contact the Department of Volunteer Services
Please contact the Department of Volunteer Services at 410-955-5924 for more information about volunteering at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.