The Johns Hopkins Comprehensive Transplant Center offers many resources to help you prepare for the transplant experience.
Events include Evening Educational Sessions and the Annual Patient Conference. Visit our calendar to see upcoming events.
A transplant mentor serves as an additional informational resource as you go through your transplant experience. This is someone who has gone through the transplant process as a donor or recipient. They can help guide you through the process and describe the experience.
Mentor Program Contact Information
|Kidney / Pancreas||Kate Kassler, L.G.S.W.||410-614-1828|
|Kidney Living Donor||Pamela Walker, R.N., B.S.N.||410-502-6153|
|Incompatible Kidney Living Donor||Nikki Lawson, R.N., B.S.N.||410-614-6790|
|Liver||Angie Muir, L.C.S.W.-C||410-614-4442|
|Lung||Terri Cook, R.N., B.S.N.||410-614-4898|
Here are just a few of the websites we recommend for additional material. All of these links will open a new window.
- Donate Life Maryland
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN)
- The Living Legacy Foundation
- Association of Organ Procurement Organizations
- Living Organ Donor Advocate Program
- Living Donors
The Transplant Experience
- Transplant Living
- Transplant Experience
- National Transplant Assistance Fund & Catastrophic Injury Program
- US Transplant
- International Transplant Nurses Society