Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Online Clinical Research Billing Orientation Resources
Clinical Research Billing Lunch & Learn Training Enrollment Request (login for LMS required)
-This interactive learning session brings together six offices involved in the Clinical Research Revenue Cycle at Johns Hopkins and will provide you with information on what are the responsibilities of the Principal Investigator and other study team members in regards to the Clinical Research Revenue Cycle at Johns Hopkins. There are many tools and resources available to assist with this process and this learning session will introduce you to all of them as well as provide you with a network of people that can assist you as you initiate and manage your research activities.
Clinical Research Billing & Quality Assurance
Joint Commission standards maintain that consent forms should be part of the patient’s medical record. Generally speaking, if a Hopkins patient is enrolled in a trial for which there is Hopkins IRB approval, then this patient’s signed informed consent form should be added to their electronic medical record. This change in practice means that research consent forms will now be scanned into a patient’s record in Epic.
The Clinical Research Billing and Quality Assurance (CRB&QA) Office will scan these items in on your study’s behalf to help ensure that the scanning and indexing of the forms are completed accurately.
Example Research Study Professional Fee Billing Statement (.pdf)
Clinical Research Financial Clearance
- This document explains the Insurance Clearance functionality available in CRMS. If your study has a Prospective Reimbursement Analysis,PRA, you are required to use this functionality.
Clinical Research Revenue Cycle
Clinical Research Management System (CRMS) Related Links & Material
- This link provides in-depth guidance on all facets of the CRMS application that study team members may encounter
Email contact for the CRMSHelp Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
epic@hopkins Clinical Research Related Weblinks
- This site contain extensive material related to Clinical Research Functionality in the epic@hopkins application
- This links directly to helpful 1 or 2 page guides to assist with many tasks within the epic@hopkins application
Direct Study Billing Material
- This document explains how to enter budget numbers is CRMS. Studies with a Prospective Reimbursement Analysis, PRA, are required to enter this information in CRMS.
Clinical Research Billing Lunch & Learn Training Documentation (.pdf)
- This document contains the most recent handout material distributed to attendees of the Lunch & Learn.
Other Helpful Links
External Clinical Research and Billing Related Links
Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Mediicine
Last updated 1/6/2017
Sign Up for Fundamentals
Stay up-to-date with the latest research findings from the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences.