Outcomes After Critical Illness and Surgery (OACIS) is a multidisciplinary clinical and research group focused on understanding and improving patient outcomes after critical illness and surgery.
OACIS activities include clinical quality improvement projects and research focused on longitudinal, long-term patient outcomes assessments, both locally and nationally, with evaluation of physical, cognitive, and mental health outcomes.
- Areas of expertise for include:
- design issues for:
- multidisciplinary intensive care unit (ICU) quality improvement projects
- longitudinal patient outcomes research
- validated clinical and survey-based measures for patient outcomes research
- methods for maximizing participant retention in longitudinal studies
- statistical analysis of longitudinal observational data which considers:
- time-varying confounders
- repeated measures
- competing risks/survival bias
- OACIS WEBSITE QUICK LINKS