The epilepsy team at Johns Hopkins believes that we must care for the whole child. An accurate diagnosis must be made and an appropriate treatment strategy must be designed. This can only be done by understanding all of the other medical, psychological, social and educational issues that are involved. The child must thrive within the family, the school and the community.
Our book, Seizures and Epilepsy in Childhood: A Guide, now in its 3rd edition, has become the standard text to help families touched by children with epilepsy. Services that are available to our patients on site and in collaborations include:
- Complete seizure history
- Comprehensive neurological examination
- Neurophysiological tests (routine EEG, outpatient video-EEG monitoring,
- Long-Term Video-EEG Monitoring: scalp and intracranial
- Neuroimaging: MRI, MRS, PET, fMRI
- Speech and auditory processing evaluations
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Counseling and support services
Request an appointment
For more information about pediatric epilepsy, request an appointment at the Johns Hopkins Epilepsy Center.