Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Basic and Translational Science Projects
Follow the links below to learn more about ongoing Spine Research projects.
- Ultrasonic ablation of vertebral body tumors
- Optimizing magnetic nanoparticle mediated thermoablative therapy on a human adenocarcinoma metastatic spine rat tumor model
- Effects of BMP-2 and BMP-7 on human breast cancer in a rat spine tumor model
- Investigating the role of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 (MMP9), Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) on breast cancer metastasis to the spine
- Development of human spinal ependymoma model in animals
- Local delivery of chemotherapy, small inhibitory RNA (siRNA) and radiation therapy to treat metastatic spine tumors
- Development of animal models of human breast and human prostate cancer metastatic to the spine
Request an Appointment
For more information on clinical projects at the Johns Hopkins Neurosurgery Spinal Research Lab, please call us at 410-502-6103.
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.