Graduate Student Training
Excellent dissertation project opportunities exist in our laboratory for brain cancer stem cell research. Students currently enrolled in the any of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Graduate programs are welcome to plan research rotations within our laboratory. Students in the MD/PhD program or graduate programs of Biochemistry, Cellular & Molecular Biology, Cellular & Molecular Medicine, and Neuroscience, or other programs are welcome to discuss research opportunities in the laboratory.
Neurosurgery and Neurooncology laboratory research fellows
Our laboratory provides opportunities for clinical fellows seeking a research project in brain cancer stem cell laboratory research. The Johns Hopkins Department of Neurosurgery provides a two-year research opportunity for residents and this laboratory provides one of many flexible environments for ground-breaking research in neurooncology. Also at Johns Hopkins, in combination with the NIH, is an NIH funded training grant, Research Training in Neurooncology, which provides a means for clinical fellows to gain new experiences in clinical care and laboratory research.
Past members in our laboratory have been supported by the following fellowships and awards:
- ABTA Medical Student Summer Fellowship — Application due in January
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellowship — Application due January 11th
- Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship — Application due January
Other opportunities supported by our laboratory include:
- Medical Student: CNS Medical Student Summer Fellowship in Socioeconomic Research — Application due February 1st
- Postdoctoral Fellow: CNS Cushing Fellowship — Application due November 30th
- Postdoctoral Fellow: CNS Dandy Fellowship — Application due November 30t