Follow the links below for detailed information about specific laboratories and research programs:
Brain Cancer Biology and Therapy Lab
- Brain Cancer Biology and Therapy Lab's goal is to locate and analyze the genes that lead to brain cancer development. Led by Dr Gregory Riggins.
Brain Tumor Stem Cell Lab
- Hopkins Neurosurgery Brain Tumor Stem Cell Lab is pursuing research to identify the function of human brain stem cells and their role in brain tumors. Led by Dr Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa.
Clinical and Computational Auditory Neuroscience Lab
The Johns Hopkins Clinical and Computational Auditory Neuroscience Lab seeks to understand how auditory information is processed and encoded in the human brain. Led by Dr Dana Boatman.
JHU NIMH Research Center
- JHU-NIMH Center for Novel Therapeutics of HIV-Associated Cognitive Disorders is funded by a grant from the NIMH. This lab is currently facilitating collaborative research in HIV-related neuroscience. Led by Dr Justin McArthur.
Neuromyelitis Optica Research Lab
- The Johns Hopkins Neuromyelitis Optica Research Laboratory aims to understand the pathology of neuromyelitis optica (NMO), also known as Devic’s disease, with the goal of furthering prevention and treatment of this neuroinflammatory disease. Led by Dr Michael Levy.
Neuro-Oncology Surgical Outcomes Research Lab
- Neuro-Oncology Surgical Outcomes Research Lab conducts research to improve patient safety and the efficacy of brain tumor treatments. Led by Dr Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa.
Spinal Column Biomechanics and Surgical Outcomes Lab
- Spinal Column Biomechanics and Surgical Outcomes Lab aims to improve the neurological and functional capacity of patients undergoing surgery for spinal disease. Led by Dr Ziya Gokaslan.