Equipment important to this project within the Division of Clinical Pharmacology:
- four centrifuges,
- two SpeedVacs,
- three -20°C, four -80°C freezers,
- two fume hoods,
- and tissue culture equipment (three biosafety cabinets, four incubators)
Analytical methodologies include:
- Guilford spectrophotometer,
- Kinetic Microplate reader,
- two complete Alliance-controlled HPLC systems,
- one Alliance-controlled UPLC systems,
- inline fluorescence,
- and radioisotope detectors
Two AB Sciex API4000 UPLC/MS/MS system, an AB Sciex API5000 UPLC/MS/MS system and an AB Sciex API5500 UPLC/MS/MS system, and their supporting nitrogen generator and computers occupy a dedicated 300 ft2 of climate-controlled lab space.
Equipment within Dr Bumpus’ laboratory
EppendorfMasterplex 4s real-time PCR with laptop computer; shaking waterbaths; EppendorfMastercycler gradient PCR; refrigerated table-top centrifuge (Eppendorf); chromatography refrigerator (VWR); -20ºC upright freezer; equipment for agarose and 1-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; gel imaging system.