I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Applications for Neurology PGY 2 beginning July 2017 will be accepted beginning on September 15 – October 31, 205. All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications submitted to ERAS after deadline may not be accepted or reviewed. Listed below you will find the training tracks that Johns Hopkins Neurology will be offering for this match. .
Adult Neurology Residency training requires a preliminary year of Internal Medicine in addition to the three years of neurology training.
Applications for the preliminary year in Internal Medicine must also be independently submitted through ERAS, regardless of requesting to match through either the advanced or categorical tracks of the NRMP.
JOHNS HOPKINS NEUROLOGY TRAINING TRACKS - Three (3) options available. All options are Advanced, there are no Categorical tracks. We encourage all applicants interested in our program to apply to all tracks and rank by preference.
- Advanced: JHH Neurology Only Track: This is a 3 year (PGY 2-4) training experience (the NRMP “advanced” track). Selecting this track in the NRMP represents an application to the Johns Hopkins Neurology Residency only. You must apply separately to any Internal Medicine program of your liking.
- Advanced JHH Neurology/JHH Osler Internal Medicine Track(guaranteed 4 spots): Choose this track if you are interested in doing your preliminary year here at Johns Hopkins Hospital, Osler Program. Please note that you will need to submit an application to both the Neurology residency program and the Osler Program tracks. In addition, you will also be required to interview at the Osler program separately to be considered for an internship.
- Advanced JHH Neurology/Union Memorial Track(guaranteed 4 spots): Choose this track if you are interested in doing your preliminary year at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital. Please note that you will need to submit an applicant to both the Neurology residency program and the Union Memorial program. NO SEPARATE INTERVIEW is required though applicants are able to visit Union Memorial the Friday after their Neurology Interview if they would like.
- ERAS applications will be reviewed by our residency selection committee and we will begin contacting prospective candidates regarding interviews by mid-October. Around this time, we strongly urge you to check daily both e-mail and voice mail for messages regarding interviews. Our preferred method of communication will be e-mail.
- Our interview dates are as follows:
December 3, 10, 17
All interview dates are on Thursdays
- We will provide a one (1) night accommodation in a nearby hotel the night prior to the interview. We encourage arrival by mid-afternoon the day before (Wednesday) as the current residents host a dinner party Wednesday evening to introduce you to the program. A full day program on Thursday (7:30 am - 4:30 pm) will include information sessions, tours of the hospital, meetings with faculty and residents, and a reception (begins at 4:30 pm) at the end of the day for informal conversations. We understand that travel arrangements may make attendance at the Wednesday evening event difficult and thus your attendance is not required, however we encourage your participation as it is usually a fun way to relax with our current residents and ask questions in a casual environment.
- We realize that navigating the residency application process can be a daunting process and we recognize that tremendous energy and planning is required to attend multiple interviews both in the Neurology and Internal Medicine programs. We would like to assist you as much as possible, so please do not hesitate to call us with any questions. Also please refer to the frequently asked questions (FAQs) page for answers to some common queries. For other questions, please contact:
Ms. Sandy Vieyra
Medical Training Program Administrator
Adult and Pediatric Neurology Residency Programs
The Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center, Room 5065
601 N. Caroline Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.