Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
- Mechanisms of acetylcholine transmission and myasthenia gravis.
- Establishment of Neurological Intensive Care Unit. (Daniel Hanley, Cecil Borel)
- Development of ketogenic diet for intractable epilepsy.
- Biochemical and genetic basis of adrenoleukodystrophy. (Hugo and Ann Moser)
- Treatment and biological basis of Tourette's syndrome. (Harvey Singer)
- Epidemiology and pathophysiological mechanisms of HIV-associated dementia. (Richard Johnson, Justin McArthur et al)
- Mechanisms of neuronal damage in ALS. (Jeffrey Rothstein)
- Elucidation of immunopathogenic mechanisms of Guillain Barré syndrome.
(John Griffin, Tony Ho, Guy McKhann)
- Clinical features of HIV-associated sensory neuropathy. (David Cornblath)
- Mechanisms of cell death in stroke. (Valina Dawson)
- Neuronal degeneration in Parkinson's disease. (Ted Dawson)
- Use of electrocorticography in epilepsy patients. (Ronald Lesser, Nathan Crone)
- Mechanisms of eye movement control and their application in neuro-otology. (David Zee)
- Rett's syndrome. (Saku Naidu)
- Skin biopsy: a new window for the study of sensory neuropathies. (John Griffin, Justin McArthur)
- Clinical features of ataxia telangiectasia. (Thomas Crawford)
- Neurotoxicity of methamphetamine and Ecstasy. (George Ricaurte)
- Mechanisms of HIV-associated dementia.
- Perfusion MRI in localization of cognitive function. (Argye Hillis)
- Patterns of cognitive decline after coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Virus isolation and diagnostic methods in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. (Les Weiner, Opendra Narayan, John Penney, Richard Johnson)
- First work on visna in sheep in the US. (Opendra Narayan)
- Immunopathogenesis of post-infectious encephalomyelitis. (Richard Johnson, Diane Griffin)
- Mechanisms of immune suppression by measles virus. (Diane Griffin, Richard Johnson)
- Role of immune responses in acute encephalitis. (Diane Griffin)
- Role of viruses in causing congenital malformations in animals. (Richard Johnson)
- Finding MBP in CSF in human demyelinating diseases. (Steve Cohen, Guy McKhann)
- Glutamate cytotoxicity. (Mike Johnston)
- Lead developmental disorders. (Gary Goldstein)
- Blood-brain barrier models in brain tumors. (John Laterra)
- Neurobehavioral abnormalities. (Martha Denckla)
- Basal ganglion circuits. (Mahlon Delong, Garrett Alexander)
- First described the role of movement in development of joints; pathogenesis of arthrogryposis multiplex congenita and clubfoot. (which is the most common congenital malformation) (Daniel Drachman)
- Mechanism of action of botulinum toxin and use for focal dystonia. (Daniel Drachman)
- Prednisone treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. (Daniel Drachman)
- Initial description of immunotherapeutic strategies for autoimmune neuromuscular diseases. (Daniel Drachman)
- Neurotoxicity of ibogaine. (Elizabeth O'Hearn, Mark Molliver)
- Hemispherectomy for refractory epilepsy. (John Freeman, Sumio Uematsu)
- Restless legs syndrome: pathophysiology and treatment. (Christopher Earley, Richard Allen)
- Neonatal seizures and hypoxic encephalopathy. (Rebecca Ichord)
- Treatment of normal pressure hydrocephalus. (Michael Williams)
- Neurogenetics of mitochondrial diseases. (Orest Hurko, Don Johns)
- Monocyte trafficking in encephalitis. (David Irani)
- Treatment of severe Autism. (Barry Gordon)
- Electrocorticography. (Nathan Crone)
- Neural mechanisms of auditory processing. (Dana Boatman)
- Treatment of Transverse Myelitis. (Doug Kerr)
.... and many others unnamed!
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.