I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Diseases and Conditions
Our center is dedicated to evaluating and treating the following conditions:
- Hydrocephalus, including the following types:
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH), which is commonly seen in older adults and is accompanied by gait imbalance, cognitive memory impairment and/or impaired bladder control
- Obstructive hydrocephalus, due to an obstruction to communication between the ventricles of the brain and which can present at any age with headaches, vision problems or any of the above symptoms
- Congenital Hydrocephalus, which although present since birth can rarely make itself known in middle age, with symptoms similar to those of normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Pseudotumor cerebri (also known as iIdiopathic intracranial hypertension, or IIH)
- CSF Leak
Our goal is to eliminate the misdiagnosis that commonly occurs to our patients and provide the best medical and surgical treatment; so they can regain their health and continue to lead productive, meaningful lives.
Many of our patients have seen several other doctors before they find our specialized team. Our experience and expertise make us the best possible treatment center for the resolution of these types of conditions.
Early diagnosis and treatment improves the chance of a good recovery
The symptoms of cerebral fluid disorders usually get worse over time if the condition is not treated, although some people may experience temporary improvements. While the success of treatment varies from person to person, some people recover almost completely after treatment and have a good quality of life
Request an Appointment
Adult Neurology: 410-955-9441
Pediatric Neurology: 410-955-4259
Adult Neurosurgery: 410-955-6406
Pediatric Neurosurgery: 410-955-7337
Already a Patient?
Traveling for Care?
Whether you're crossing the country or the globe, we make it easy to access world-class care at Johns Hopkins.