I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The goal of the Biostatistics Shared Resource (BiostatSR) is to ensure that study designs, data monitoring, and analyses use state-of-the-art methods. BiostatSR provides consultation and expertise regarding study design (including validity of the overall design, feasibility of meeting objectives, sample size and projection of study duration), recommendations for and development of key infrastructure (data management and computer systems support), data analysis, preparation of reports and assistance with manuscript writing, and development of new biostatistical methods if required by the project.
Biostatistical services for design and analysis are available to all clinical and laboratory investigators in the Cancer Center. Specifically, faculty and staff in the Shared Resource consult and provide expertise in the following areas:
- Study design, ensuring feasibility and appropriateness with respect to stated study objectives. Input is provided during the conceptualization and/or design stages of the study.
- Protocol writing, ensuring that there are clear and consistent definitions in the protocol of study objectives, eligibility criteria, statistical plans, primary analysis endpoint, evaluation criteria (such as toxicity and response definitions), and guidelines for removal of patients from study.
- New study design, developing novel study designs when necessary to achieve specific objectives.
- Protocol Review and Monitoring, through membership in the Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee and the Safety Monitoring Committee. BiostatSR members evaluate and, when appropriate, provide constructive criticism to all clinical research studies.
- Guidance and participation in interim study monitoring, implementing plans for interim monitoring and analyses of study data and reporting progress in the Protocol Status Report. BiostatSR members often contribute to decisions regarding the conduct of studies, either as a formal member of a Monitoring Committee or on an informal ad hoc basis.
- Data analysis, designing, performing, authoring, and presenting statistical analyses.
- Quality control, establishing and conducting quality control and study monitoring procedures.
- Manuscript preparation, co-authoring articles and abstracts based on study results.
- Grant preparation, providing advice and support to SKCCC investigators preparing grant applications.
- Education, teaching clinical research methods to oncology fellows.
- Biostatistical research, carrying out relevant methodologic research in support of clinical trials, preclinical studies, and basic science experiments within SKCCC.
The resource is located in the 550 Building, 11th floor.
Gary L. Rosner, Sc.D., Director
Peng Huang, Ph. D. Biostatistician
Chenguang Wang, Ph.D., Biostatistician
Hao Wang, Ph.D., Biostatistician
Marianna Zahurak, M.S., Principal Biostatistician
Zhe Zhang, M.S., Senior Biostatistician
Amanda Blackford, Sc.M., Biostatistician
Hua-Ling Tsai, Sc.M., Biostatistician
Gary L. Rosner, Sc.D., Resource Director
Helen Cromwell, Resource Manager