Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
College of Notre Dame of Maryland, Johns Hopkins Medicine and our many community partners invite you to
Join the battle to end breast cancer:
Enlist in the Love/Avon Army of Women
The Love/Avon Army of Women, the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation's revolutionary program, provides women the opportunity to partner with scientists who are conducting the research that will end this disease once and for all.
Who can join?
- Women and men 18 and older, of every ethnicity, with or without breast cancer can enlist.
Why would I want to join?
- To be part of the research that will eliminate breast cancer.
- For your sister, mother, daughter, granddaughter and best friend.
- It takes just a minute to join, but the impact will last a lifetime.
What's involved if I join?
- You will receive 2 to 3 e-mails per month about breast cancer prevention studies.
- YOU get to decide whether you fit and want to participate.
- Participation can involve anything from providing a blood sample to something as simple as filling out an online questionnaire.
- If you aren't eligible or don't want to participate in a study, you can forward the e-mail to friends and family who may be interested.
How do I join?
- It's simple and only takes a minute. Register online at www.armyofwomen.org.
Together we can make breast cancer a footnote in medical history!
Hear Dr. Susan Love, author of Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book speak about the state of breast cancer research
WHEN: Friday, May 13
6 to 8 p.m.
WHERE: College of Notre Dame of Maryland
Vered Stearns, M.D. Co-director of the Johns Hopkins Breast Center, will be presenting
In support of Dr. Susan Love, Notre Dame Class of 1970, we are committed to registering at least 25,000 women to participate in this groundbreaking Army of Women initiative. With more than 350,000 women already signed up for the Army of Women, and more than 45,000 women participating in studies, they still need YOUR help!
Be counted! Please select "Notre Dame of Maryland" in the drop-down menu when registering, and help us reach our life-changing goal.