All applications for the Johns Hopkins Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship Program are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Prerequisites are completion of a three year residency program and board eligibility in Internal Medicine.
Required documents in ERAS
- Personal Statement (In your application Personal Statement, please indicate whether you are interested in pursuing board certification in Medical Oncology, Hematology, or dual certification.)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Training Director + 2 others)
- USMLE transcript
- Photograph (requested, not required)
Dates to keep in mind
July 1, 2013 – Applicants may apply through ERAS for positions beginning July 1, 2014
August 31, 2013 – Application deadline
September and October 2013 (approx) – Interview period (dates to be arranged, usually Mondays or Fridays)
Prerequisites for International Medical Graduates
- Completion of a Medicine Residency
- Successful completion of the ECFMG examinations and award of the certificate
- Permanent resident or eligible for J-1 visa. Holders of an H-1 visa are eligible, however, Johns Hopkins does not initiate sponsorship of an H-1 visa.
Thank you for your interest in our Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship Program. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Hematology/Medical Oncology Fellowship Program Coordinator
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center
1650 Orleans St. CRB1 room 191
Baltimore, MD 21231