I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Lung Cancer Program
More people die from lung cancer than any other type of cancer. At Johns Hopkins, our goal is to reduce that number every year, working toward a day when no one will die from lung cancer. As we work toward that goal, we also focus our experience and expertise on preventing, screening for, diagnosing, and treating lung cancer in ways that give our patients the best possible prognosis.
Free Online Seminar
Early diagnosis and coordinated care make all the difference in lung cancer treatment. Watch Now.
Learn more about our lung cancer multidisciplinary clinic which offers coordinated treatment by our team of experts. Watch Now.
Lung Cancer Research
Learn how immunotherapy is helping in the fight against lung cancer. Hear from Dr. Julie Brahmer. Learn more.
News & Views: Recent Posts from Cancer Matters
Video Assisted Surgery for Lung Cancer Patients Leads to Easier, More Successful Treatment (10/19/15)
New, less invasive way to evaluate lymph nodes helps patients at risk of lung cancer (10/5/15)
New lung cancer screening with CT scans, tested at Hopkins, finds tumors earlier and saves lives (9/21/15)
Which health professionals will be on my lung cancer care team? (9/7/15)
Johns Hopkins organizes care teams to speed treatment plans for lung cancer patients (8/24/15)
- Treatment Options for Lung Cancer. Watch Recorded Online Seminar
Johns Hopkins Bayview Campus
Take a video tour of the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center campus’ Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center and its state-of-the-art facilities for cancer treatment, part of the only facility in the state of Maryland to earn a Comprehensive Cancer Center designation from the National Cancer Institute. Meet some of the multidisciplinary team of physicians and staff members who provide comfort and individualized, world-class cancer care to our patients.
Our comprehensive program includes:
- A team of lung cancer experts, including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, thoracic surgeons, pulmonologists, pulmonary interventionists, nurse practitioners, radiologists, respiratory therapists, palliative care staff, medical informaticists, physical therapists, and nurses.
- A multidisciplinary clinic that gives patients a one-day treatment planning session with the lung cancer specialists who will be part of their treatment.
- A screening clinic, which give those at risk of developing lung cancer the tools, information, and support they need to prevent cancer from occurring or to catch it in its earliest stages.
- A research program, which is pioneering new therapies to target the molecular changes in lung cancer that make it grow and spread and examining the use of biomarkers to create personalized therapies for each patient.
- An emphasis on specialization and depth of experience. The lung cancer program staff is devoted to treating lung cancer. Day in and day out experience adds up to specialization that is rare in cancer treatment. The staff also has multiple opportunities to meet with colleagues across medical disciplines to discuss cases and hear about the latest research, clinical trials, and best practices.