Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Neurology and Neurosurgery
The Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins improve the lives of patients by sharing ideas across disciplines and joining forces to develop the strongest individualized treatment plans—this is truly what sets Johns Hopkins apart from any other medical institution.
Our physicians are able to bring new and exceptional treatments to patients faster because of our tight network of experts. When our researchers make discoveries in the lab, they collaborate with our physicians to carefully translate them into the latest treatment options.
U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks The Johns Hopkins Hospital as having among the top neurology and neurosurgery programs in the country in its annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey.
Patients come to Johns Hopkins from around the world to receive the most cutting-edge care, including treatment for:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Brain tumors, including acoustic neuromas, vestibular schwanommas, metastatic brain tumors, gliomas, meningiomas, skull base and pituitary tumors
- Cerebrovascular disorders, such as aneurysms and stroke
- Glioma brain tumors
- Meningioma brain tumors
- Neurological infections
- Pediatric brain and spinal cord tumors
- Pediatric neurovascular disorders
- Peripheral nerve disorders, including brachial plexus injury
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery Center
- Pituitary disorders
- Skull base tumors
- Spinal cord injury, spine disorders and spine tumors, including chordomas
- Trigeminal neuralgia
To learn more or to make an appointment, call +1-410-502-7683.
Discover Our Research
Getting To The Root Of Parkinson's Disease
Researchers Identify Gene That Helps Fruit Flies Go to Sleep
Animal study shows how exercise may energize brain cell function