Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Current employees who help find qualified candidates for certain positions could earn a cash bonus of up to $2,500! Just submit the Employee Referral Form to Career Services prior to the applicant's interview.
Bonus payout guidelines:
- Temporary and regular employees of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System are eligible to receive a bonus (except HR employees and VPs).
- Referring staff working in a teaching capacity are not eligible.
- You must submit the Employee Referral Form to Career Services before or at the time of the applicant's interview.
- Bonuses are paid from the hiring department's budget
- The bonus pay occurs once the new hire has successfully completed their probationary period.
- Both the new employee and referring employee must be employed here at the time of payout.
- If two employees refer the same candidate, the first referral form received in Career Services is eligible for the program.
- Supervisors/Managers/Directors/HR Employees are not eligible as recruitment of qualified candidates is part of the job.
You will be eligible for a bonus if the candidate you refer:
- has listed your name on the application as a referral source.
- is hired for a 20 hour or more regular position (prorated bonus if less than 36 hours).
- successfully completes probationary period and remains employed.
- did not previously have a resume or application on file.
- is not currently working for an affiliate of JHH or JHHS.
- has not been employed in the past 6 months by JHH or JHHS.
- is not a student in the department or working through a temporary agency for the Hospital or Health System.
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Biomedical Equipment Technician I, II & III
- Cardiovascular Rad Tech (Department of Medicine)
- Charge Description Master Coordinator
- Clinical Engineering Technician
- Clinical Social Worker (Pediatrics, Medical/Surgical Oncology)
- Coding Compliance Auditor
- Engineering Maintenance Mechanic III
- Mechanical Engineer
- MRI Tech
- Occupational Therapist
- Pharmacist - Many of the pharmacists as part of their jobs are expected to recruit candidates. This includes the administrative staff, preceptors, residents, clinical specialists, residency directors, etc.
- Physical Therapist
- Plumbing Maintenance Mechanic
- Radiation Therapist
- Surgical PA
Referrals for the following IT department positions may be eligible for a $2,500 bonus:
- Operations Analyst
- Support Center Agent
- Network Analyst / Engineer
- Data Security Analyst
- LAN Administrator
- Programmer Analyst
- Systems Programmer
- Information Security Analyst
- Systems Integration Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Applications Project Leader
- Advisory Operations Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Advisory Network Analyst Engineer
- LAN/WAN Architect
- Network Operations Supervisor
- Computer Operations Supervisor
- Computer Operations Manager