Applications for the LINC program are available beginning March 10, 2014. The deadline for applications and all supporting documents is April 11, 2014. All required supporting documents are listed under Eligibility and Application Process. To secure access to an application, please call our office at 443-997-4585, or email at email@example.com. Email supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JHHSC/JHH is offering this special educational opportunity to full-time employees aspiring to become Registered Nurses. Project LINC II is designed for employees who want to pursue a professional healthcare career but are unable to do so due to financial and/or educational constraints. This program enables participants to attend school full-time and work part-time while maintaining full salary benefits.
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. While you can apply to the program while pursuing your pre-requisites, selection into the LINC program is like any other admission process—individual acceptance is dependent upon the strength and competitiveness of the applicant pool and the number of available seats.
This program has been designed to support individuals seeking a two-year nursing degree. In order to remain competitive with the applicant pool, applicants should have two years of study to complete.
In addition, employees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen (must submit a copy of social security card and a valid Maryland driver’s license or identification card)
- Graduated high school or have earned a G.E.D.
- Be employed full time (1.0 FTE/ 40 hrs per week) by JHH or JHHS for at least one year
- Submit a manager recommendation form
- Must have achieved an overall rating of ‘proficient’ or better on your most recent annual performance review
- Must not have received a score of “1” (does not meet expectations) for any area on your annual performance review
- Cannot have received written discipline for attendance management or job performance
- Must have a maximum of one year of prerequisites remaining to be completed before applying
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0 is required (a copy of current transcript is required)
- Provide a letter of acceptance from the enrolled school of nursing, if matriculating
- Provide a copy of the course outline/plan of study from the enrolled school of nursing, if matriculating
- Must be willing to sign a service commitment agreement
After reviewing the applications, the top applicants will be selected for an interview. Depending on the applicant pool and the availability of seats, those invited to interview, and who have not yet been accepted into a nursing program will be required to sit for the NLN pre-nursing exam. After the review process, accepted candidates and their managers will be notified and must attend LINC orientation session before classes begin.
After you are accepted into Project LINC, you must adhere to the following program requirements in order to remain enrolled:
- Continue to meet job performance requirements (may not have written discipline for job performance or attendance management)
- Adhere to unit scheduling guidelines, including but not limited to: request for PTO, availability or on-call, and holiday guidelines
- Carry a full course load each semester (usually 12 credits/semester) during the academic year
- Submit tuition advancement forms and registered courses at the beginning of each semester and a grade report at the end of each semester
- Notify program coordinator of any changes in program status; failure to do so may result in your dismissal and default from the program
- Achieve a minimum grade of (C) in all courses
- Graduate from the program within four semesters of matriculation
- Work 24 hours/week at your current pay rate
- During the last semester and prior to graduation, participants must contact Nurse Recruitment and the LINC coach to begin the application process for nursing positions within JHH
Upon graduation from nursing school, LINC candidates must:
- Sit for the NCLE-X examination within 60 days of graduation
- Resume full-time work immediately upon graduation
- Fulfill service commitment up to three years
- Maintain full time status throughout the employment service commitment
For more information and to apply, contact the Office of Project R.E.A.C.H/Community Education Programs at 443-997-4585.