The Department of Health, Safety and Environment provides both online web-based and instructor-lead training (ILT) courses to Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins University. Both Federal and State regulatory requirements and Johns Hopkins policies require employees and staff to receive certain safety training and stay informed about potential health and safety risks or hazards in the workplace. All Safety courses registration and enrollments are available at Johns Hopkins Interactive’s myLearning website.
This web-site is a one-stop-shop for all employees who want to take e-courses or register for traditional instructor lead classroom (ILT) training for both Johns Hopkins Medicine (i.e. both clinical and non-clinical) and university staff. A JHED ID is required to enroll, if you don’t have a JHED account and want to enroll in a Safety class, please contact us at 410-955-5918 / email@example.com.
For more information about our Safety training courses or if you need any assistance please contact us at 410-955-5918 / firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com. If you need general assistance with the Johns Hopkins Interactive Learn Share system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for a Safety course, please follow the steps below:
- Go to http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/interactive_learning/my_learning/index.html
- Login with your JHED ID and Password or if you DO NOT have a JHED ID contact us at 410-955-5918 / email@example.com
- Type the name of the course in the Search Catalog box or click on Course Catalog tab to view a catalog listing of our Safety courses
To access our courses directly, click on the links below:
- Fire Safety and Hazard Communication (updated with 2013 GHS training)
- Hazard Communication 2013
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Minimizing Risk from Fluoroscopy
- Fluoroscopy Update
- Cidex OPA
- DOT/ IATA Dangerous Good Shipping
- DOT/IATA Shipping Certification Consumer Commodities
- Respiratory Protection (This course is required before a person can wear any type of respirator)
- Respirator Safety Refresher Video
- Difference Between Respirator and Surgical Mask Refresher Video
- Operating Room Fire Safety and Fire Extinguisher Training
- Office Ergonomics
- Ribavirin Safety
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Laboratory Safety Preparatory Course
For course descriptions, click HERE.
We also encourage you to register for our instructor-lead hands-on safety courses.
- BBP- Non Human Primate Module
- BioSafety Cabinets
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- BSL-3 Practices
(Offered at 2pm the first Monday of every month. Click here for details or to register)
- Chemo/Listed Drug Disposal
- DOT/ IATA Dangerous Goods Shipping
- Fire Safety
- Hazard Communication
- Laboratory Safety/ Biosafety Level I & II
(Offered at both East Baltimore on the 2nd Monday of every month and at Homewood by request. If you would like to request training at Homewood, please contact Jack Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org . Click here for details or to register)
- Operating Room Fire Safety
- Radiation Safety
- Respiratory Protection - Train the Trainer
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure
For more classes offered, click HERE.
- To use Johns Hopkins Interactive and enroll in Safety classes, you’ll need a JHED ID account. If you are non-Johns Hopkins employee and don’t have a JHED ID, contact us at 410-955-5918 to register.
- Our online safety courses have a quiz, in order to receive credit and a certificate for taking the course you’ll need to complete the course with a passing grade.
- Your completed course history will be maintained in Johns Hopkins Interactive in your “My Learning History”. Feel free to sign-in and review your report card or download a certificate for completed courses.