Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Facilitate the safe and efficacious use of radiation sources in research, medical diagnosis, therapy, and education while maintaining compliance with regulatory licensing, registration, and accreditation standards.
- Personnel Radiation Monitoring
- Laboratory Surveys
- Training Classes
- Radioactive Material Purchasing
- RADP Upgrade Power Point Presentation
- Quarterly Radioactive Material Inventory Reports
- Radioactive Waste Disposal
- Air Monitoring
- Laser Safety
- Radiation Control Committee
- Safety Data for Specific Radionuclides
- Authorization to Use Radioactive Materials
- Prenatal Radiation Exposure
- Radiation Safety Requirements
- Radioactive Materials in Animals
- Radiation Safety Training Courses
- Monthly Radiation Safety Training is available at the (East Baltimore Campuse) JHMI downtown. These classes are available to all members of the Johns Hopkins Community. Attending these training lectures will indicate that you have completed the minimum Radiation Safety Training to use radioactive materials. Please contact our Homewood or East Baltimore campus office for more information.
- Also, these courses are offered at the Homewood Campus every fall.
In order to ensure that the use of ionizing radiation for research at this university does not result in the unnecessary exposure to individuals and to the general public, Johns Hopkins University maintains a Radiation Safety Office on the Homewood Campus. This office is also responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations concerning the use and handling of radionuclides and other sources of ionizing radiation, including analytical x-ray machines and electron microscopes.
East Baltimore CampusRadiation Control Unit
2024 East Monument Street, Suite B-200
Baltimore, Maryland 21205-2223
- Office: 410.955.3710
- Fax: 410.955.7183
- Radioactive Material Purchasing and Procurement: 410.955.3712
- Radioactive Waste Pick-up: 410.955.7184
3400 Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
- Office: 410.516.7278 (Mina Razavi)
- Stan Wadsworth - Radiation Safety Officer
- Joan Marin - Administrative Secretary
- Carl Granlund - Health Physicist
- Jeff Devazo - Health Physics Technician
- Diane Rohde - Health Physics Technician
- Mark Rostkowski - Health Physics Technician
- Mina Razavi - Health Physics Technician
- Chico Eyler - Manager, Support Services
- Jakobe Johnson - Radioactive Materials Technician
- Jerry Taylor - Radioactive Materials Technician