Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship Training Program - 2015
Thank you for your interest in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology fellowship training at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Our CCEP fellowship is a two-year program providing fellows with state of the art training. The first year of CCEP fellowship is a preliminary, unaccredited, non-ACGME year. The second year is ACGME-accredited.
Each year, we may accept up to three (3) fellows. Prospective fellows are encouraged to apply provided they have successfully completed an ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency training program and an ACGME-accredited cardiovascular disease fellowship. In addition, applicants should be either ABIM boarded or board-eligible in cardiovascular disease. Upon successful completion of our program, you will be eligible to sit for the Electrophysiology sub-specialty board exam.
How to Apply
Our Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship Program is accepting applications for start date July 1, 2015 until Friday, December 13, 2013. All materials must be received by this date for your application to be considered complete. A thorough review of each application is performed and a limited number of candidates are offered interviews. Candidates granted interviews will be notified and potential interview dates provided. Generally, we conduct interviews during February and/or March. Travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
Application Package Requirements
- Johns Hopkins CCEP Application - click here
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) - include publications & presentations
- Personal Statement - detail your interest in EP and your career goals
- Medical School Transcript - copies are acceptable; provide English translation if original is in a different language
- ECFMG certificate - if applicable
- USMLE Scores - Steps 1, 2, & 3
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation - Letters must be from physicians who have observed or supervised you in recent training. One letter must be from your current training Program Director (letter must contain ACGME Core Competencies content). Letters may be sent separately from your other application materials, but originals must be mailed.
- Note if you have your own funding
Note to Foreign Medical Graduates
You must have a current, valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to be eligible for application to an ACGME-accredited clinical training program. Provide a copy of your USMLE exams Step 1, 2, & 3. We accept applicants with J-1 VISAs. However, we are not able to absorb any of the costs involved with a J-1. We cannot accept applications from individuals holding H1-B VISAs.
Send all application materials to:
Medical Training Programs Administrator
Johns Hopkins Division of Cardiology
600 North Wolfe Street/Carnegie 568
Baltimore, MD 21287
Address Letters of Recommendation to:
Director, CCEP Fellowship Program
Johns Hopkins University
600 North Wolfe Street/Carnegie 530
Baltimore, MD 21287